Thursday, February 5, 2009

Concerning the Chicken Ranch

Friends and neighbors, I have a project, and said project demands that I ask of you this simple question: "Do you remember the Chicken Ranch?" And by that, I don't mean "Do you vaguely recall it existed at one point?" or "Have you seen the Burt Reynolds/Dolly Parton movie, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas or the Larry L. King play it was based on."

I am looking for, searching for, seeking out persons with actual, genuine first-hand knowledge of and experience with the famed brothel in La Grange, Texas. This would include former employees (yes, former employees. I know they're out there), former clients, failed Dallas-area restauranteurs, townsfolk, neighbors, law enforcement, relatives... anybody with a story, memory or recollection to tell regarding the history of what is, quite possibly, the world's most famous bordello. I would prefer being able to use sources full names, but given the particular nature of this unique subject matter, suitable arrangements can be made to ensure anonymity if required.

Lest you folks think I'm going about this the lazy way, posting this invite online and waiting for sources to come to me, I'd like to point out that I did go to ground zero for this, as it were. But sadly, nobody was around to answer any of my questions.

JAYME-CR


Feel free to spread the word.

No comments: